Supraśl is a town in north-eastern Poland. It is the home of the Supraśl Lavra, one of six Eastern Orthodox monasteries for men in Poland. Supraśl is in Podlaskie Voivodeship (since 1999), previously in Białystok Voivodeship (1975-1998) (1975–1998), and is in Białystok County, about 15 km northeast of Białystok. It is the seat of the Gmina of Supraśl. Its population is 4,526 (2004).
The Codex of Supraśl, the oldest Slavic literary work in Poland and one of the oldest of its kind in the world, is named after the Supraśl Lavra. Since September 2007 it has been on Unesco's Memory of the World list.
In the courtyard of the monastery complex is the Church of the Annunciation (1503-1511, destroyed 1944, in the process of being rebuilt since 1985). Surviving original fragments of the original frescoes are currently exhibited in the Archimandrites' Palace. The church is being rebuilt according to the design of architect M. Kuźmienko.
Monastery buildings Baroque, built between the 17th and 18th century.
Archimandrites' Palace ( built between 1635-1655) today the palace houses the Supraśl Icon Museum
The Church of St. John the Theologian (1888)
The Gate-Belltower built in 1752, modeled after the Branicki Palace in Białystok.
The premises of the Supraśl Lavra is planned as the future home of the Supraśl Academy, modeled after similar institutions run by the Orthodox Church in Greece today.
The Museum of Icons occupies a part of the XVII century Palace of Archimandrites being the part of the monastery buildings in Supraśl. Museum disposes of one of the richest collection of icons from XVIII, XIX and XX century in Poland.
The Museum of Icons occupies a part of the XVII century Palace of Archimandrites being the part of the monastery buildings in Supraśl. The XVI century reconstructed defensive Orthodox Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary constitutes its central part. The Museum of Icons in Supraśl disposes of one of the richest collection of icons from XVIII, XIX and XX century in Poland. The absolute specimen are the XVI century wall-painting saved from the destroyed and nowadays rebuilt Orthodox Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which is situated on the area of the Monastery of Supraśl. A permanent exhibition presents icons and wall-paintings of Supraśl.